Cannabis Infused Gazpacho
As the weather is finally heating up we decided to share this great recipe for a dish that is sure to help you cool down and mellow out during those hot and humid days ahead.
Originating from Spain and packed full of veggies and olive oil Gazpacho is a wonderful nutritious and healthy cold soup. We've added a little something extra to it as well, which comes with many other benefits.
What you'll need:
- Blender (Immersion blender can act a substitute if necessary)
- 1/4 cup canna-olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion (not sweet)
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cucumber (6-7 inches long)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 leaves fresh basil, chopped.
- 1 piece french bread (3-4 inches long)
- Rinse tomatoes and remove stems, cut into 4-5 pieces
- Peel garlic clove and onion, chop onion into 4 pieces.
- Rinse peppers and remove seeds, chop coarsely
- Peel cucumber.
- Place piece of bread in a bowl with water and allow bread to soak. Once soaked remove from water, empty bowl, squeeze out water from the bread and set aside.
- In your blender add tomato pieces, garlic, onion, peppers, cucumber and squeezed bread. Add in other ingredients. Blend at highest speed until creamy with consistency, not watery. Pour into container, pot, or bowls. If your blender is smaller separate ingredients in half and follow the same process. If you have an immersion blend chop vegetables finely, add to a pot or large bowl, add other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- For serving try adding a sprig of cilantro, basil leaf, freshly chopped chives, avocado slices, a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar, or a mixture of these for presentation.
- Gazpacho can be stored in a container in your fridge for up to 5 days. Do not freeze. Taste ingredients before as sour vegetables will taint and ruin the taste of the gazpacho.
- For a lighter buzz reduce canna-oil amount by half and replace with regular EVOO
Let us know how you enjoy the recipe in the comments sections and as always please consume and spark responsibly.