If the thought of gravy gets your mouth watering the thought of cannabis infused gravy should send you over the moon.
We have two recipes for you as we are fully aware that you might want to have some more gravy without having to make a turkey or a roast.
Up first, our roast/turkey drippings recipe:
What you'll need:
- Drippings from your roast/turkey
- 1/3 cup cannabutter
- 3 cups chicken, vegetable, or beef broth (depending on the roast and gravy type you require)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Skillet or roasting pan
- In a skillet or roasting pan add flour and cannabutter to the drippings and mix well
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 until smooth and light brown, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
No roast required recipe
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cannabutter
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 onions thinly sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt cannabutter in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic saute for 10 minutes.
- Add rosemary and sage. Saute for 10 more minutes.
- Add flour and whisk well for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in stock until gravy thickens. Stir frequently
- Add vinegar to gravy and reduce heat to let gravy simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occassionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over your desired dish (turkey, roast beef, beef wellington, roasted or mashed potatoes, etc) and enjoy for a light buzz.
Happy cooking and as always please consumer responsibly.