As someone with Scottish and English ancestry one of my favourite holiday treats is also one of the simplest, shortbread. A holiday staple it is simple and sweet. You can dress it up with icings, sprinkles, dried fruit, or just have it plain and it's always amazing. A perfect sweet to pair with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate white kicking back in the living room or puttering around the house. Below is our cannabis infused recipe (makes 24 servings) for a simple shortbread but feel free to ice it afterwards, put a dried cherry in the middle, or even sugar glaze it.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Mixing bowl
- Large cutting/kneading board
- Cookie sheet
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F
- Cream butter and sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well
- Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to about a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.*
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow 30 minutes for cookies to cool before serving or icing.
*We've outlined the shape for a traditional shortbread but feel free to make different shapes!
Another simple recipe for a great holiday classic. Happy baking and as always please consume responsibly.